Welcome to Milestone Creations!

Milestone Creations is my shop in the virtual world of Second Life.
Check the link list for a link to Second Life and to the shop!

Sunday 24 May 2009

Subscribe-o-groups

I'd like to get some opinions on this one:

I read on another blog that some people feel like designers treat their subscribe-o members like second class customers and favour those who join their SL group.

I disagree with that. Actually, I favour my subscribe-o-s. I have an SL group but am closing this one down. You are directed to my store to join the subscribe-o. It's a pain to have the 25 groups limit, as I need those for stores I rent in alleys, for hunts, etc, so I cannot join other update groups myself. Therefore I ADORE the subscribe-o. And I like sending out stuff on there and you don't have the join-and-leave game you often see in other update groups.

The problem with the subscribe-o is: Apparently there are some people who do not notice that they joined a group or simply don't read their chat while they are chasing the free stuff.
I've had a couple of people IMing me and telling me to "stop spamming" them. It is sometimes quite hard to stay nice and friendly when people are contacting you like that. OK, maybe they clicked on the sign without noticing it, but isn't it possible to ask nicely how to leave the group again instead of telling me that it would be my fault and that it would be my business of removing them from the group??

I don't know, is it so hard to be friendly? Are there so many flawless people in the grid who never think about the possibility that the mistake might have been done on their side?

Sorry for the rant in between and back to the original question: How do you feel about SL groups vs subscribe-o-s?

1 comment:

Riko said...

I prefer subscribe-o-matics for very much the same reasons... besides, groups are more useful for managing land than serving as update groups. Subscribe-o-matics are much more tailored to shop update groups.