Welcome to Milestone Creations!

Milestone Creations is my shop in the virtual world of Second Life.
Check the link list for a link to Second Life and to the shop!

Monday 24 December 2007

Translated Article complete

As some people wrote me emails that they cannot open the translation, I decided to copy it and insert it here as a whole. So finally have fun and enjoy! ;)


Miranda Milestone: From The Tempest to SL (I)

A table of considerable dimensions covers one wall of the cozy stone cottage in which Miranda gets me to talk and take pictures of their creations. It is the face of a woman, an angel fills the space frame and it is impossible not to dwell on it. I ask for the origin and tells me comes from a gallery of a good friend who specializes in these angelic reasons. It apology because in the middle of the room stands a cauldron in which it is working. I wonder if it is the Day of Bruges next year, I laughed and said it was for his activity parallel to the designer of the writing and participate in role-playing (role playing) related to Harry Potter, it declares absolute fanatic. I explained that it does in the SL Hogwarts and its identity there is to be a student of the group of Ravenclaw. Rinse immediately that this hobby (interpret it relates to the performance and script writing) has nothing to do with his real life.

AM: Did you say that you come to SL to work or play? For some SL is a game, others that definition is a betrayal of the nature of an offense quasi SL and staff [I smile].
M.M.: puhhh... Difficult ... Role-playing is definitely a regulated activity ... We must complete a form with the traits of your character, your skills and a story that will serve as a context. I have done wonderful friends here whom I have known then RL so for me, this is definitely something that goes beyond what is meant by game.

AM: If you were to mention 2 positive things that SL contributed to your life, what would be?
MM: Love and wonderful friends.

AM: Are there any negative?
M.M.: My ex-boyfriend in RL deceived me with his girlfriend of SL in RL. Now ... I, and the friends that I met here, I keep in touch via skype, messenger, telephone and I meet some people in RL, I have not disappointed in the least with them because they are in SL as RL. However, I imagine that when someone comes to SL and pretends to be a super model or Mr. Universe, maintain that illusion in RL is impossible.

AM: Interesting, for someone like me who does not know anyone of the people with whom I link here in RL, is something intriguing. The transition Ra SL and how people feel comfortable in making that transition and discover the face, the lives of their friends in RL.
MM: Well ... I thought I was in love here for example in SL ... But was not sure if I had fallen in love with a fantasy or person, so I went over 1000km to know ...And in fact, I fell in love with the real person because to me it is essential personality ...It happened not the same thing, but we are still friends today, somehow it is a kind of soul mate for me.

AM: Is your goal here in SL is becoming a full-time designer, or want to maintain a balance between socialization and design?
MM: hm, no, making money was never a reason for me to come to an end SL or stay here. I enjoy the role play and step lot of time with my friends. I started designing because he had some ideas and had not found those ideas materialized in any other store. No. I used photoshop gimp or before so now I am learning new things every day, I hope that those things are useful in RL also at some point.

AM: What do you think about the idea that SL is basically a platform for commercial transactions?
MM: We lose a lot ... I value the friendship more than a few Linden ... And I think I am a long way away from being a professional digital designer

AM: Why Miranda?
M.M. Laughs: One of my hobbies is to write in RL and as I am a fanatic Harry Potter (if they have not notice * smiles *) I started to write fiction fantasy. After I had a story that could not be out of the head and began to spread into a book (still unfinished). Heroin is called Miranda.
AM: Miranda me sounds like the name of an adventurous young woman ... Full of energy ...
MM: Yes ... You were right on that [wink]

AM: Undertakes these adventures using these adorable slippers that have made? [I am talking about tender slippers Santa's moved steadily following the movements Miranda avatar while she rests in her armchair].
M.M. Laughs: No, well, not yet ... I can think of a lot of ideas from SL ...Perhaps some transferred to the book, as soon as you have the time to go back to writing. Now ...In fact, Miranda was created by Shakespeare ...

AM: Sure ... The Tempest [smile fun at the possibility of entering into literary field, something central to my identity and my life RL]
MM: and means "worthy of being admired"

AM: The Tempest, one of the most fascinating works of Shakespeare Mr [I smile] At least in my humble opinion ...
M.M.: I took a seminar on Shakespeare but not read this book as soon as I have time I will do it ...

AM: Do Ensigns literature?
MM: Study English, and I hope to teach someday

AM: What curious coincidence interests and activities that did not come until the end of our conversation ... I am finishing my doctoral thesis at the moment ...
MM: I signed up to begin my own two weeks ago [smiles]

AM: Write a doctoral thesis is a completely different experience to write fiction ... I wish you the best in your project ... Now ... Teaching and learning here is incredibly stimulating, this is the future of education, no doubt ...
MM: Yes, that is very likely, and one can attend school even if they are ill, can be taught on a totally different media ...

AM: back and learn how to enjoy when I was a kid ... With the advantage of being an adult ...
MM: Yes, and that's why just bothers me when the TV RL speaks or criticize only the negative aspects of SL because it is a smaller community. One of my friends accuse me of being addicted to SL but has no idea of the scope for expansion of creativity that exist here ... In fact, I met a guy here who is now her boyfriend in RL because I presented.

AM: [I river], and you are not grateful for that?
MM: Yes, but even questioned my presence here.

AM: Where can I get these slippers and dressed so nice that you have designed?
MM: I share the stores B * Charmed with two of my friends who are designing but also more focused on what he has to do with role-playing at Hogwarts. In Sterling Heigts only have one machine sales and últimaL SS Galaxy, there rent alone.

Miranda Milestone: From The Tempest to SL (II)

AM: When, how and why it came to SL and began to work in fashion?
MM: I was born on January 22. I saw a TV program on Second Life and I generated curiosity. Like any other resident began my life here on the island orientation, I spent hours in islands of rookies such as Periwinkle. I met someone who helped me get my first free clothes and hair. "Free Dove" was the paradise of good clothing and accessories free. Almost can not believe that today I am a designer "Free Dove"!Tome construction classes at the University of Second Knowledge (Second Knowledge) and fabriqué my first lap there. That facility was discovered to create things that adhere to and avatar occurred to me that perhaps I could create my own line of clothing. Then I found the role play and spent Hogwarts (even continued passing) a lot of time devoted to this activity and I forgot design. I made friends among others * * of a boy who is called Danton Thirroul [in my opinion, one of the best DJs here in SL]. When I am not designing or acting in the role play attending the places where he works. One of the sites is often touching Zodiac Ballroom in the SS Galaxy and good, as you imagine, any girl can go twice dressed the same way. Buying a new dress every week can become very expensive so I thought it was time to create my own costumes. After making one, and then followed him several had created an entire collection of costume party. Two other friends, Riko Kamachi and Brina Laval with whom I share two shops, motivated me to open a store and try to sell my creations, and I did [smiles].

AM: What was the inspiration for the dress that you saw in SLExchange?
MM: I like Christmas and the colors associated with it: red, green, white and gold and a combination of all those colors. So I am always imagining ways of combining these colors with each other.

AM: What more complicated and more satisfying for you in SL?
MM: Finding a shop to settle in Second Life. The location is important in terms of achieving attract customers, like finding the right place to promote products. But what is most gratifying is receiving messages from people saying they love the clothes you prepared to see them and using your products. And know that one of my best friends in this virtual world going to be used on his wedding in SL clothing I designed is a very big satisfaction.

AM: Who's Miranda in RL?
MM: I am a student of English and Geography, I am about to graduate this limits the time they can spend in SL. I want to become a teacher because it is one of the few jobs where they can be creative when designing classes because every child is different and that is why there is always that deal with different problems in different ways.

AM: Did your opinion about SL as a source of creativity?
MM: SL is an amazing place in terms of creativity, not only for designers of clothes.I have been in sims absolutely incredible where people have shaped the environment of the way they had imagined. I was on the island Clock once consists of numbers that can move and walk, a giant hourglass that can be explored, and much more. If you have land, a small area of land, you can create your area of mental health here. I adore plants Botanical Straylight. The terrain in my house is full of them. Designing clothes also gives you the ability to use the style that you like or things that are not usarías in RL is because you are a little chubby, too low, too high, and so on. Or you can use clothing that you would like to use in RL but not exist! Therefore SL is the perfect place to play with the imagination and share your ideas with other players.

AM: What would you ask SL in 2008?
MM: Making friends here has always been far more important than making money so my aim is to strengthen the ties which I have created here and I am always ready to meet new people and new friends, I hope that too. As for my hope that business will stabilize and that will pay my rent with that. I have several ideas in mind that I plan to develop and I hope that people will attract as much as me.

AM: A consejito for designers newcomers SL ....?
MM: Do you know how to build? Do you have basic knowledge of gimp or photoshop? So do not expect, you start designing it now!

AM: What has brought you feel proud so far?
MM: Oh, that it is a difficult question ... Each product can find a little bit of myself so I am proud of each and every one of the products ... But at the moment, I think that this is the slippers of Santa Claus that I created for Christmas. To me in RL I love slippers that have a funny detail so I decided to create them and the people here seem to like so far. Then there is the wedding dress that I mentioned earlier ... My best friend here in SL .... And my red velvet dress once won the contest for best item in red ... So there are a couple of things that I am really proud.

AM: What you want to dress not yet been able to?
MM: Oh, I have a lot of ideas but at the moment I am so busy that I RL very little time to devote to my creations ... Then I finished making my pajamas for Christmas and decided I wanted to * * is what I will continue with sport clothing, shirts, dresses and then ... Since arriving Valentine's Day, Easter and then there are ideas out there that already cropping up in relation to these dates.

AM: Is Design in SL allows you to cover all of your expenses?
MM: Not at the moment I am happy that I pay almost the entire rental bringing design. I hope we will soon be able to pay my portion of the land where I have my home and leave me some money. It is true that I am a designer but that does not mean that I do not like buying [smiles].

Para visitar, To visit,
Wonder Workers
Click here: Sterling Heights/161/106/22
Para visitar, To visit,
SS Galaxy
Click here: Queen of the Sagitta, the Galaxy AFT 128/26/164/21
Para visitar, To visit, The World of Hogwarts RPG
Click here: Diago, Witchcraft 92/36/26 /
Para visitar, To visit, Wizard's Alley
Click here: Sunset Harbor 123/185/29 /

No comments: