Welcome to Milestone Creations!

Milestone Creations is my shop in the virtual world of Second Life.
Check the link list for a link to Second Life and to the shop!

Thursday 19 November 2009

Bye Bye XStreet

I'm glad I was online today when I got a notecard from the Free*Style group that directed me to the following blog post:

https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/commerce/blog/2009/11/18/roadmap--managing-freebies-on-xstreet-sl

What it basically says is: Linden Labs wants more money. They want to charge 99L per month for listing oL items. These items are either demos (like hair) or gifts from talented designers who want to give something away for free. Yes, it might be promotion, but should they be punished?

But that's not the end of the story. They also keep charging their commissions for each item sold on XStreet. Additionally, you're supposed to pay 10L for each of your listing in order to keep it there. For me, with nearly 400 items listed there, it would mean to have to pay 4.000L just for having my stuff listed there. I am not even earning half of that in a month from my Xstreet sales.
This means I am going to withdraw all my items as soon as I get the email from XStreet that they are going to enforce these new fees.

Perfect timing Linden Lab, so close to Christmas you want to get your share of the Christmas sales, too, huh?

I'm pissed, and so are many other merchants. This is going to kill a huge part of Second Life's economy. Only those who are earning thousands from their sale will be able to pay these fees, and even they won't be happy about this.

Please comment your thoughts here: https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/38424

Tell Linden Labs what you think of it.

Of course LL cannot follow the demands of residents for more group space or for stopping 3rd party viewers from using copy systems to steal our creations, no, they are going to steal from us as well...

No comments: